Form S1 Medical

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #11 by gperkins
Form S1 Medical was created by gperkins
After trying to sort out my prescriptions ( I take meds on a daily basis) I was told that to get a book for these I would need a Form S1 from the UK DWP. Only to find out that this form is no longer issued, they stopped in 01/07/2014 I have yet to go back to Greek authority to find out what they now need. Yes I am over 65 so this could impact on quite a few people.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by gperkins.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #14 by ajdavies
Replied by ajdavies on topic Form S1 Medical
The current information from is that you do need an S1 (see below). And indeed I have recently arranged for one to be sent here.

If you are living in an EEA country or Switzerland and you receive a UK State Pension or long-term Incapacity Benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You'll need to apply for a certificate of entitlement also known as an S1 form. If you are living in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland then the form is called E121.
You can apply for your form via the International Pension Centre on 0191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1/E121 form with the relevant authority abroad. Often you need to do this before you can register with a GP surgery or obtain a medical card.
Once you have registered your S1/E121 in the country you are moving to, you will be entitled to apply for and use a UK-issued EHIC to access state-funded necessary medical treatment when you visit other EEA countries.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by ajdavies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum