New Football Season 2015/16

More
4 years 5 months ago #20 by ljbunker
I know you won't all be interested, but for those that are ....

NEW CRETAN PATRIOTS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUES 2015-16

Community group of multi-national Expats living, working or owning property in Crete, and their families, with a shared interest in fantasy football & social interaction. If you qualify and would like to take part, just ask! New players are always welcome and involvement is entirely free!

There will be three online fantasy games to choose from this year, two for the English Premier League (Premier League Official & Skysports) plus one for the Champions League (Uefa Official)

Donated prize fund of 50 euros will allow for three cash awards in the Official Premier game this year 1st - 30e, 2nd - 15e & 3rd - 5e

Addresses for the EPL games starting 8th August are
fantasy.premierleague.com & fantasyfootball.skysports.com

For any further info and the New Cretan Patriots private league entry codes for the two EPL games either PM me here or on facebook or contact our group via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. while meantime why not take a look at our facebook page, Fantasy Football for Expat New Cretan Patriots.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #21 by ljbunker
JUST RECENTLY REPLIED TO A QUERY "IS FANTASY FOOTBALL A FORM OF GAMBLING" TO WHICH I EMPHATICALLY REPLIED "NO" (See below) BUT THEN RECHECKED SKY SPORTS SITE TO REALISE WHY SOME PEOPLE COULDN'T ACCEPT THAT ANSWER. PLEASE READ ON IF YOU NEED TOTAL CLARIFICATION. IT'S IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

Just another hobby group, like any other!

Like any gardening club, cooking club, book club, sports group, or anything else you care to name, a group of people playing online fantasy football, because it’s their shared interest and hobby, is no different to any other.

Not attached to any gambling site, not promoting gambling, with free membership and free entry to all online sites utilized by us for the setting up of our games, there is absolutely no expense incurred, involvement is totally free, the experience is intended to be solely enjoyable and sociable fun. Nothing more!

BUT THEN ...

Ah! Now perhaps I understand the problem!

Just gone onto the Sky Sports fantasy football site and noticed that one of the rolling adverts for the game says "play for cash, the more players that join, the more cash you win" which is really annoying because anyone viewing the site for the first time would, quite naturally, think this is what it's all about. That's a great shame because it isn't!

The site runs 4 leagues of this type for the handful of players who are avid gamblers first and fantasy football players second, and that's not us!!!

What the site doesn't tell the casual browser who decides to proceed no further is that set against these 4 "money leagues" there are on the other hand thousands of private leagues like ours that involve no money whatsoever, not even a joining fee! If you don't enter a "money league" (Global Private League Extra) entry is completely free! Free for anyone who just wants to play for fun and including entry into private leagues like the one we have set up for Expats to play & enjoy here in Crete.

Understand now why so many of you have misinterpreted what we do for one of our many sources of leisure entertainment. What you see on the site amongst "the headlines" gives a completely false impression!

Really sorry to have discovered this but I can give you my total assurance that what I posted previously about there being no gambling involved is 100% the case for the leagues that we have set up. I absolutely promise you this!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds